Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Union

Ok so I watched the speech last night. I don't have the normal thoughts but here is what I noticed.

1. Nancy Pelosi's mouth never stopped. Was she sucking on a cough drop?

2. Dick Cheney looked like he almost fell asleep. I don't think he was paying attention.

3. I think I heard the President say that he believed in global warming? I don't follow politics much is this a change?

4. Dikembe is really really tall.

5. Great idea to cut gas use by 20% but how are you going to do that? And if you figure out a way to do it why pick a number as low as 20%?

6. Why do we need to do more drilling when the President proposed cutting our oil usage?

7. If we double the Strategic Petroleum Reserve where are we going to put all that oil? The reserves are almost at capacity now. Capacity is 727 million barrels and right now we are at 688.6 million barrels. Doubling the capacity sounds expensive.

No comments: