Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What I'm listening to

It's not very often that I get a cd that I tell others about. I bought this cd for Stephanie for Christmas and I cannot stop listening to it or telling other people about it. It is a bunch of old hymns remade with more modern music. Don't read that wrong and think this is a bunch of rocking out. The music here never overwhelms the lyrics. Some of the songs (man this is hard to type and admit) have a country type sound to them. We prefer to call them folk songs in our house. A couple of the songs have the Blind Boys of Alabama on them and at least one of the songs has a banjo. Man, as I type this I can't believe that those things can be on a cd and I would like them. At the same time I cannot stop listening to the cd. My favorite songs on the cd are "Nothing But the Blood", "It is Well With My Soul", and "They'll Know We are Christians by Our Love". But having said that I pretty much like every song on this cd. If you think you would like an old Jars of Clay mixed with Third Day singing some songs with great lyrics check this cd out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim thinks that's funny and refreshingly/frighteningly honest, and I was amused

Paul said...

Hi Chalrie and Kim. Speaking of music, I'm working on a project that you will enjoy and hopefully I'll finish it this week.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the clay pots!