Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nike + iPod


I now have everything I need for the Nike + dealy. It's starting to warm up too. So I've actually used it a couple of times. I'm looking to set a goal for it. I can set distance goals, speed goals, calorie goals or frequency goals. I'm thinking of setting a distance goal. Something like 100 miles in 12 weeks. You can only choose from 4, 8, 12, and 16 weeks. Speaking of goals, I went to a Pistons game a couple of weeks ago. I still have a way to go before I hit all the major sports this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to the Derby? Don't you dare tell me its not a major event.
Mom

Paul said...

I'm not talking about attending major events. I'm talking about attending a game of each of the major sports. http://weaveswrites.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-years-resolutions.html

I would agree that the Kentucky Derby is a major event. I wouldn't call horse racing a major sport.

Anonymous said...

Man, you haven't seen a major sport until you've seen Chelsea's basketball team. They're 17-0 after last night.

Anonymous said...

I vote for a frequency goal ... say something like 50 times running in 16 weeks. Just getting out there, even to do just a mile or so when you don't really feel like it, is more of an accomplishment (in my humble opinion) than going a certain number of miles/week. Good luck with whichever you end up choosing, and keep us posted on how you like the Nike+ thing ...

Paul said...

Right now the Nike + goals are 120 miles in 10 weeks and 50 times running in 16 weeks. If the weather stays like this I'll never meet either goal.