Monday, February 26, 2007

Left for Dead

I read a book that Steph and I gave Dan for Christmas. Aren't I a good brother-in-law? Giving gifts that later I'll use. So about the book. It's an incredible story of how Beck Weathers was left for dead on Everest and he how he later walked into camp. They still didn't think he'd live but he did. He lost a hand, most of his other hand, and his nose. The rest of the story is how he was able to save his marriage. Strangely the book made me want to go climb a mountain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - it made me NOT want to climb any mountains ... at least any that involve freezing cold temperatures or that require being able to use an ice axe to keep from falling off of or into the mountain.

Paul said...

Crud. I was hoping you'd go with me. Actually I'm not looking for any technical climbs. I'm just craving the view from the top. I don't want to drive to the top but I don't want anything that hard either. I'm still scared of my last time above 14,000 feet. Altitude sickness is not fun.