Friday, July 22, 2005

Books I've read recently

This week I got bored watching stupid reality shows and started reading again. Here's what I've read.

Last week I read Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. It was a fun book. I wouldn't recommend it to my mom or anyone who goes to my church, but it was a fun book. It's about an extreme environmentalist who is as much mental as environmental.

Then on Tuesday I was hurting for a book so I read one of the Hardy boy books. I can't remember which one. I've been tempted to try and read them all again. I did that when I was younger. I finished it Wednesday.

Wednesday I started another Hardy boy book. I finished it Thursday.

Yesterday I bought a book and started it. It is Under the Overpass: A journey of faith on the streets of America by Mike Yankoski. Mike did something that I once thought about doing. He became homeless for 5 months. I never thought about doing it that long, but I guess you'd have to if you were going to get a true feel for being homeless. So far it's an easy book to read and it's interesting to read the things he's learning. Mike has a website. http://www.undertheoverpass.com/index_flash.aspx

No comments: