Friday, July 29, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy


Last night Steph and I took the girls to meet my parents at a thing called Picnic Pops. It is a thing the Grand Rapids Symphony does. I grew up going to the symphony so I was interested in doing it in a relaxed atmosphere. We didn't have to dress up. You're allowed to talk and bring in food. Things that I was sure would make it much more fun. Unfortunately, if you bring in your own food you can also bring in your own alcohol. The orchestra played 4 songs before being joined by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, from here on out BBVD. During a pretty interesting song called "Remembering Gatsby", I hear from behind me loudly "I crack myself up. I'm going to get a Dove Bar, I'll be right back". No biggie really but still a little disturbing. When he gets back the first thing I hear is PFSST. A new Bud Light opens. Then I hear him singing "When the saints go marching in" with the orchestra. And then I hear him miss with a Dove bar and loudly proclaim, "I was aiming for her boob!" Sheesh. Later during BBVD one of the guys with him came down to dance in the dancing area right in front of us. His smiling face looked like a cartoon. His dance was jogging in place. What a fool. Now I'm an old, stuck up, maybe wishing for the old symphony days guy. Anyway here are some pictures.



The Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra; GRSO and BBVD

Colleen and Laura; Laura dancing to "Minnie the Moocher"

Aka Hi-de-hi-de-hi-de-hi by Cab Callaway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love them