Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More love

So I've been continuing my study on love. You already know I was looking at God's love and I John says it great when it says "God is love". So anyways I think God loves loving. More even than I can understand. Ephesians 3:18. I love football. I love food. Because I love those things so much I'm always trying to convince people that I love to enjoy those things with me. I want them to enjoy those things as much as I do. I think because of God's love for love and for us he wants us to be able to love as well. God knows that if we try it we will enjoy it. So one of the things it's talking about in Genesis when it says we're made in his image is the ability to love. I firmly believe that love involves a choice. We have to choose to love something. We also have to have the choice not to love it. People can choose not to love football. Many people choose not to like bratwurst. I choose to love my wife. If I was forced to love my wife then it wouldn't really be love. I think God wants us to really enjoy love and so he gives us the choice. He knows that if we choose love we will enjoy it all the more. So when he gave us the ability to choose to sin, he did it out of his love for us. He knew that it is so much better for us to choose love instead of sin. But for it to really be love we had to choose it over something else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hmm... If you drive 4 hours just to show support for someone else that seems to be a loving act. I think you know some things about love in action. Thanks!
Dad