Monday, January 19, 2009

This one's for you Burrill

This weekend we took the youth group up to Lake Ann Camp for a winter retreat. The snow was plentiful and beautiful. I like snow, up there. Unfortunately, right now we have it down here and it's messing with my running. Anyways, while we were up there we took a group to The Homestead to do some skiing. I haven't skied in years. But I had a ton of fun. I stayed away from the black diamonds but did everything else. I even caught some air off of a mogul I didn't see and landed it. One of the other youth leaders saw me and thought I did it on purpose. The view of Lake Michigan from the top of the hill is beautiful. The wind was cold and strong enough that it hurt my face. But besides that we had a great time. I need to catch up on some sleep so I can do a Jr. High Retreat next weekend. Woohoo.

2 comments:

TheChurchLady said...

Yea, we got lots of snow and I'll bet they even have more up there. That's a heck of a drive, but then again you've done alot of long drives with the youth. What a glutton for punishment. Glad you are all safe and had fun, did you honk and wave when you crossed the 43.6 latitude? (or is it longitute? Obviously I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader)

Sgt. Wolverine said...

Yeah skiing! Good job on landing the unintentional air; I'd probably kill myself if I got air.