Friday, January 23, 2009

Ouch

I think I've had my worst week running. Monday was snowy so I went to the YMCA to run on a treadmill. I only had a short time to run so I could watch the girls while Steph went to praise team practice. When I got there every treadmill was taken. When I finally got on I noticed that there is a half hour limit to the treadmill. Lot's of people were breaking the rules but I felt like I should follow the rules. Maybe that has something to do with me being on a free 2 week pass. I can't run 6 miles in half an hour. So I only ended up getting 3 in. I decided to make up for it on Tuesday. I wanted to run 5 miles. My route was shorter than I though and I only ran about 4. I felt lousy enough I didn't extend the route. Thursday I was supposed to run 8 miles. I wasn't hating the thought which is weird. But then when I started I got what James and I call tree trunk legs. It feels like you are just swinging tree trunks that are attatched to your body. It's just crazy heavy legs. Sometimes I can run through it sometimes I can't. I decided I was going to run through it on Thursday. However during my third mile something went wrong in my knee. I could barely walk much less run. I tried a little of both on the way back to the jeep but the pain was awful. It started to hurt again really bad after I went to bed. This morning I woke up figuring I was just a wimp but I went to shovel an old widow's driveway and it really hurts when I use it as a plant to lift heavy snow. I'll give it a few days off and try again Monday. But this has been a pretty bad running week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't get your Daddy's bad knees. I never heard you complain about your knee before. Hope all is well soon.
Mom