Monday, November 03, 2008

IU Football

I had the chance to go to an IU football game this last Saturday. High School football killed most of my opportunities to go to college games so I was ready. It was my first time to Bloomington. Another stadium to check off the list. This was great. We had incredible seats. Here's the view.


We also had passes to a suite. Which we only used to get free food. On the way to the suite Coach Hep's widow walked by. In the suite there was chicken, steamed vegetables, lasagna, garlic bread, cookies, brownies, and drinks. I had the chicken and the zucchini/peppers/onions. I also had a cookie and a brownie. It was pretty good. But I had to go pay for the traditional brat afterwards. Maybe it was because I waited until after the 3rd quarter but it ranked very low on the list. The bread was crusty and the brat was chewy.


Central Michigan won the game. After the game we went over to Assembly Hall and walked right down to the floor and sat in the courtside seats until the usher came and kicked us out. I'm going back down there Friday for a basketball game. That should be great.

So here's my observations.

1. I'm not used to a stadium with that many empty seats.

2. The drive down to Bloomington is beautiful.

3. Getting in and out of the stadium is very easy, but some of that may have to do with the empty seats.

4. The seats were incredible and passes to a suite kicks major butt.

1 comment:

Sgt. Wolverine said...

Two things:

1)I like Bloomington. I have friends down there, and I really enjoy visiting the town.

2)Suites are pretty amazing. I think I'd rather have a suite for a pro event than a college event, but I'd never turn one down.