Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Huge news

This news may affect me more than anyone else in the world. It affects me more than President Bush. I'm affected more than Putin, Bin Laden, and Martha Stewart(or however you spell her name. I haven't been conquered by her kingdom yet.) Here's the big news.

Notre Dame and Michigan have extended their contract through 2031.

I think this even affects me more than the athletic directors that signed the contract. I am a Notre Dame fan surrounded by Michigan fans. All of Steph's family loves Michigan. All of my friends up here love Michigan. The whole stinking Strong family loves Michigan. I love the rivalry. This is one of those college football games that should be played every year. Number 1 and Number 2 in wins and winning percentage must play. So kudos to a couple of ADs that did something right. And quit whining about Notre Dame joining the Big Ten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur: this is a very, very good thing.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see ... Would be even nicer, though, if Ty Willingham would sign on to coach again through 2031 (or Bob Davie, even).

Paul said...

Heh. I think Ty is in the right place and Bob, well he was a worse coach than an announcer.

Anonymous said...

And that's saying something - the only thing worse than his announcing is when his coworkers call him "coach".

Minor correction: Mother Strong does not love UM. There are few schools she would not prefer over UM. Perhaps if UM played Antioch College, or Bryn Mawr, she would cheer for maize and blue. (And considering the direction scheduling is going, those aren't out of the range of possibilities.)

In any case, ND is not one of those schools. She would certainly prefer gold over maize.

Also, a certain wife of a certain oldest brother has loyalties to MSU.

But, yeah, the other 47 of us started singing "hail, hail" in our sleep sometime last week, with the season about to start.