Monday, March 19, 2007

Sermon idea

Hey I'm preaching this Sunday and I'm working on a sermon. T.J. has helped me some. If you have any great ideas I'll listen to them too.

I'm looking at the promises and charges given to Joshua in Joshua chapter 1. I've got 3 of each. Promises:
Joshua: I will give you every place Us: Ephesians 1:3; II Peter 1:3
Joshua: no one will stand against you Us: Romans 8:31
Joshua: I will always be with you. Us: Matt. 1:23; 28:20

Charges:
Joshua: Be strong and courageous 3 times. Us: I Cor. 16:13, Eph 6:10, II Tim 1:7, 2:1
Joshua: Obey. Us: I John 3:23-24
Joshua: Meditate day and night Us: Col. 3:16

We are like soldiers like Joshua. 2 of the promises are conditional and 1 is unconditional. I'll add more but I got to get back to the wiring of the sound system.

No comments: