Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Race results

I did it. I participated in the 2006 Mackinac Island Great Turtle 5.7 mile trail run. I was able to run the entire way. I finished within my goal times. I finished in the top 10 from my age group. Here's my stat line from the website: 9 110 Paul Weaver Remus 53:03 9:19. The first number is my place in my age group. The second is my overall place. The third number is my time and the 4th is my pace. The race started at the Mission Point resort and started uphill. Really uphill. We went up a big steep hill and at the top the view was great. You could see some of the island and the resort and see the water. There were some really cool houses at the top of the hill. After that though, we disappeared into the woods. There was great views of trees and more trees. There were uphill parts and downhill parts and then there was a mile that was pretty much all downhill. After that mile we came out on the shoreline. The view there was cool for a couple of seconds and then I was too tired too enjoy it anymore. I slowed down for the last mile before finishing in a sprint trying to beat the guy in the second picture. I didn't beat him. He's also the guy in the first picture. He's the guy I ran with when I was training. We were pretty evenly matched. I wonder what my time would have been if I hadn't had the hamstring injury. We had a good time walking around the island, hanging out with family, playing in the indoor waterpark at the hotel, and just being away for a couple of days. These are before and at the end photos. I'm loving the guy in the hair and hat. I wonder if I could be him for Halloween.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you at least beat the guy in the hair and hat?

Paul said...

I'm not sure but I think I could beat the guy in the hair and the hat in just about everything but an hot dog eating contest, arm wrestling, or a tractor pull.

Anonymous said...

I think you should enter a tractor pull next. That would be fun. You'd just have to find a really good tractor to use. And earplugs. Don't forget earplugs.

Just don't try to eat hot dogs while arm wrestling while driving in a tractor pull.