Friday, December 16, 2005

Thoughts on Christmas

I've been thinking about Christmas lately and teaching it in youth group. Here's a couple of interesting thoughts.

Jesus was the only baby born to die. All other humans are born to live but are tainted by sin and because of that must die. Spiritually humans are born dead but can have spiritual life. Jesus was born spiritually alive but took the punishment, spiritual death, for sins from us.

Jesus was born without sin and lived without sin.

If Jesus had not taken our sins upon himself would he have ever died? Tell me what you think about that question.

1 comment:

Paul said...

What you mentioned is something else that I've thought about mac. When Jesus died it says he said "It is finished" and gave up the ghost. I think what he was doing here is kindof like saying in your words "here it goes, I'm doing it". He did have to give up and let himself die. And I don't think he could have done that if he hadn't taken our sins.

It's also interesting to think that Jesus's resurrected body still had open wounds that would have killed a normal (sinful) person. Remember Thomas sticking his hand in?