Friday, December 16, 2005

I've been neglecting sports here on Weaves writes

I haven't been talking about the Colts undefeated season. The big question is whether to play the starters or rest them. You have to play them. The Colts first playoff game will be January 15th. If you sit them now you sit them for a month. Anybody remember how long it took the offense to find its rhythm this year? Keep playing and keep the rhythm. Now that being said, I firmly believe that when the game is in hand you sit them in a hurry. Oh and I think you could mix Mungro and Rhodes in some more to give Edge some rest.

The other big topic is Ron Artest. Some of you may know that I've wanted to trade Artest for a while. Ever since they lost to the Pistons in the ECF a couple of years ago. He has never fit into the offense. He has always been a distraction. These things aren't new. I will not be sad to see him go. I'm not opposed to shipping him into deep freeze in Toronto for a couple of players and a first round pick either. Remember that you heard that from me. It's funny because I chatted to Rob last week and told him I was hearing rumors of a trade and then boom here comes Artest with his interviews.

No comments: