Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ok now you're going too far

People that know me well know that I'm incredibly careful on the music sharing ideas. I'm against stealing of any kind and I carry that over to music. So I won't copy music from other people and when I lend out a cd I always tell people not to copy it. I'm annoying on it because I'm trying to set an example to youth group kids. I take some pride in having an iPod full of legal music. Or what I thought was legal music. This article tells me I'm wrong. To tell you the truth it has me a little angry. The RIAA is suing a guy who bought each of his cds and then put them on his computer. So you're telling me I'm supposed to go back over and buy each of the songs I have already paid for on cd from iTunes to put them on my iPod or computer? That's not happening. RIAA I've been on your side in the past. I've defended you to young people. I've encouraged others to buy music. Here is my message to you "Quit being dumb". You're stabbing yourself in the foot on this one. If you win this case I'll be forced to stop buying cds. I listen to most of my music at work off of my computer or from my iPod while running or in the car.

1 comment:

Sgt. Wolverine said...

You might find this interesting:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughtsonmusic/