Friday, January 04, 2008

I love the Detroit Lions

The Lions fell apart halfway through this season. They started well and then blew up. So what do you do to fix a mess like that? You fire Mike Martz. I don't really care if you fire Martz or not. I kind of like him but you can make him your scapegoat. Here's what is crazy to me. They promoted Jim Colletto to offensive coordinator. Colletto was the O-line coach this last year. Marinelli said "Jim is an excellent football coach. He knows what it takes to win in this league and I am confident that he will do a tremendous job leading our offense." Jeff Backus says "I'm looking forward to playing in his offense". This is the Jeff Backus who was in the top 5 in sacks allowed this year. Kitna was sacked 51 times. More than any QB this year. This is the new leader of the Lions offense? Man I love that team.

No comments: