Friday, May 25, 2007

Some sports thoughts

I love sports traditions. I can really get sucked into them. So I get excited every come Memorial Day Weekend. I love the traditions of the Indy 500. The row of bricks, the drink of milk, the singing of Jim Nabors... Wait a minute! Jim is sick and won't make the trip this year. For the first time since 1986 or as long as I can remember the race, Jim Nabors will not be singing "Back Home Again in Indiana". That was my favorite part of the prerace activities. Instead they are going to encourage the crowd to sing it. All I can say is get well soon Mr. Nabors I look forward to when you are back home again. You can hear Jim sing here.

The Pacers don't have a draft pick this year. They traded them all away. They also don't have a coach. I think it's the lowest they've been since I've been a fan. I don't really see things changing anytime soon either.

Nick Saban is showing his true colors at Alabama already. Looks like he's committed a recruiting violation already. It sounds like he was trying to talk a kid out of an early commitment to another university as well. That bugs me when coaches do that. Here is the story.

No comments: