Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I read two books while on vacation.


I read two fiction books while we were down in South Carolina. I love reading on the beach. That's very relaxing. The first book was ok. "Thank you for smoking" was funny at times and I really did find myself rooting for the bad guy. The book is about a guy who is the public face of a group that encourages smoking. I think I found myself cheering for him because everyone else was against him and everything went wrong for him.

The second book was much better. "Velocity" by Dean Koontz. It was very suspenseful and almost scary. It was about a guy who got a note under his windshield wiper. The note basically said that if the guy didn't get the police involved a pretty young teacher would be killed; if the guy went to the police an elderly woman heavily involved in charity would be killed. The book went on with choices like that while the hero tried to find out who was behind it all.

No comments: