Thursday, December 04, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Here's a picture of our tree and the girls. I went to a tree place and looked at a price tag. The first one I looked at... Well first some background. We just moved down from Michigan. Where trees grow on trees. Where I refused to pay more than like $25 for a tree. I would talk to people and ask if they knew anyone. I would drive down dirt roads looking for people selling them. The last couple of years I bought them from a really old guy who lived off in nowhereville. I'd always buy the ones that had been cut a few days so they were cheaper. So anyways back to the story...The first one I looked at had a price tag that said 155.00. I figured it was a mistake because I thought I'd seen some at Lowe's for 15.00. So I moved on to the next one. It was over 100 as well. The cheapest scraggly one I saw there was more than $60! So I went to Lowe's. The one I ended up buying was $40. Which seemed like a steal after the first place. Now that I think about it the first place was probably a front for Lowe's so that people wouldn't mind paying $40. You win this time Lowe's.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Steph says I need to tell you that the tree wasn't all the way decorated yet. We have countless more pez ornaments that she had yet to put on. When all the ornaments are on you won't be able to see my $40 tree.

TheChurchLady said...

Beautiful tree. You should have saved your $40, put it in the gas tank, driven north to Michigan and got a $5 tree. I drove by them everyday, just sitting there and there were plenty left. Who buys a $5 tree when your neighbor lets you cut the tree growing on their tree out back?? (happy new year, too!!)