Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Football

We had our first game last Friday night. I loved it. It was hot and humid but other than that it was a beautiful night complete with a nice sunset. The team played pretty well. It's hard to tell though because the other team stunk. We won 41-0. This Friday should be another easy win and then the third game will be a real test. I went to the JV game last night. We have a young guy who wasn't able to play yet because he missed too many practices. I saw him for the first time last night. He's really really good. He plays tailback and returns kicks. He's fast and has great vision. I'm looking forward to watching him play against varsity players. I'll try to keep you updated.

3 comments:

Sgt. Wolverine said...

You guys started already? That seems early; Michigan doesn't start until this Friday. And I'm REALLY looking forward to this Friday.

Paul said...

School started the 13th of August. It's crazy. By the way the really good running back may have hurt his hamstring last night.

Sgt. Wolverine said...

Wow -- 13 August? That's insanely early. Does school end earlier than Michigan, too, or are they just in school all the time?

Oooh, not so good with the running back. Chelsea has a great running back (he has two free videos on scout.com -- go check them out; he's a junior, and his name is Nick Hill), and I'm always worried about an injury to him. He tweaked his ankle last year, but he didn't miss a game; I'm hoping he makes it through this year without any problems.