Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stress

Oh man I'm trying not to be frustrated but yesterday I read through our bid on the house to see if there was a way I could get out of it. The rumor is that it could take longer than the 10 days that we were originally told. The reasoning is that they dropped the price last Wednesday or Thursday. Our bid went in last Tuesday. They might wait the 10 days from when the price dropped. I wanted out of the bid so I wouldn't have to wait any longer. By the way when we made the bid we were told the asking price was 98,000. Now that they've dropped the price it's listed at 98,375. Colossians 3:1,2 tell me to set my focus on what is above. Verse 5 tells me that if I obsess over what's here I'm committing idolatry. Great now I'm going to live inside of an idol. Ok so don't obsess and it's just a house again. Who cares. It's just a house. There's thousands of them. I just want to know which one I'm going to live in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look. This is how it is. You can't ruin this. You can't mess it up. It is impossible for you to jack this up. Whatever you break will be fixed and trust me, from a frequent breaker, there is no way you can break this enough to make it bad. Whether you get the house or not, a couple things remain. You have a beautiful family. With the two coolest little chicas in the world. Who will love you no matter what may come. You have a killer wifey who plays a mean hand of rook. You have two loving parents who are determined to spend your inheritence on their "aggressive retirement goals" and a crazy gambler of a sister who is more than eager to help them. What is the worst that can happen? You might end up broke. You might have to eat a lot of hamburger helper. So what? Cheap food is tasty. It's better than spam. You might have to live in apartment. That's great because there is no yardwork and it's super cheap. You might have to do your laundry in a laundry mat. Who cares? I know you don't wash your clothes anyways! Just kidding. Seriously, laundry mats rock because ALL of your 20 loads of laundry are knocked out in one swift blow. That and they are warm inside and you meet some really interesting people. You have a job. You and your family will have food in their bellies and clothes on their backs and a roof over their heads (whether rented or owned). Really, how lucky are you? Just remember. No matter what happens, you can't ruin this. You can't. And no matter how it turns out, you are my older brother and I will always look up to you. I do. Joshua 1:9

-Tamsandwich

Ken said...

if you are buying a house in any condition under $100,000 then the price doesn't matter... that is amazing that you can find a decent house so cheap... and at this level a couple or even a few rand are completely meaningless when strteched over 15 or 30 years...

have fun...