Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Dark Day

Amazing stuff today. I'm preparing to reuse a series of lessons I did a while ago about light and as I'm going over it I'm watching one of the darkest days sports has ever seen. The main one in everyone's eye is Roger Clemens testifying at a congressional hearing. One of baseballs most famous pitchers has been accussed of cheating. I honestly don't know whether or not to believe him. I want to believe him. I've been a Pettitte fan for a while and I definitely want to believe him. The same day that baseball is on trial; Roger Goodell, the commissioner of the NFL, is meeting with Senator Arlen Specter. Specter wants to know if the NFL was all the way honest about the extent of the Patriots cheating scandal. As if that isn't enough, today Indiana University released the letter stating the violations that their basketball coaches committed. Their coaches, including their head coach who was already in trouble for cheating, broke rules in their recruiting of players. I love sports. For me it is sad to watch the darkest sports day that I can remember.

1 comment:

osborn.tj said...

That was a pretty brutal day for sports. I watched the same thing...and was thinking the same thing. I believe pettite, which means I can't truly believe clemens. The whole thing with spygate just makes me want to vommit, but atleast gives me a reason to be satisfied with a giants superbowl win, and the last thing we need in college basketball is another recruiting scandal.