Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bleacher butt!

For a few years now I've wanted to try and accomplish a college football double header. I've heard of guys attending two div. 1 games the same day before. But they always leave the one game early and arrive at the other game late. I wanted to be the first I know that attended all of 2 div. 1 games the same day. Dan was pumped about it as well and so we found a day that had Michigan playing at noon and Michigan State playing at 7. Interesting to probably only me was that Michigan was playing Purdue and State was playing Indiana. Friday night we had a Capture the Flag event at church and after that I headed down to meet Dan in Dexter. I got there about 1 in the morning and slept hard. We woke up and ran 3 miles and then headed to the stadium. The following pictures are proof that we were there before kickoff and stayed until the game was over. By the way, staying for the end of that game may have been the hardest part of the day. Michigan had the game well in hand but Purdue kept playing. Scoring a touchdown and even recovering an onside kick. I thought it would never end.



After the game we ran to the car and headed back to Dan's house to change into warmer clothes and get my car. We then headed up to Lansing thinking we had plenty of time. Steph and I have friends that live in Lansing so we met up with Lindy at a coffee shop. We didn't get to spend much time with her but it was neat to see her and to see her doing well. We headed towards the stadium after that. I inherited the lead and couldn't find a place to park. I was starting to get worried about time when we finally found a lot forever away that had shuttle buses. We got to our seats with 16 minutes to spare. Below is the proof.

I got home around 1 again so a nap Sunday was very important. It was very fun. As you can see from the pictures the onions and peppers were a great addition in Ann Arbor. East Lansing didn't have those but their buns were superior.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't talk about the numbness of your butt....your title was false advertising.

Paul said...

Ok I had to stand often during the Michigan State game. It wasn't to cheer either. I was trying to get the blood to flow again. Dan commented that he had never looked so forward to sitting in his car seat before.

Sgt. Wolverine said...

Awesome. Well done.

I have not been to Spartan Stadium for a college football game, but I have been there twice to photograph the high school football all-star game. The field is nice (as a natural grass field should be at an ag school), but the stadium itself, aside from the newer press boxes (which I only see from the outside), always feels kind of dumpy to me.

Paul said...

The word I used to describe the stadium was "generic". But the view from the upper deck was cool.