Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I do have a day job"

I'm not a huge baseball fan. But I'm a huge sports fan. So sometimes it's spills over into baseball. I've not been a fan of Bud Selig, MLB commissioner, for a while. I think he's made some bonehead decisions. This quote is one of his more boneheaded quotes. He was asked if he would be there to see Barry Bonds break the record for home runs hit in a career and he said, "All of this will have to be played by ear. I do have a day job". What? This is the guy that's supposed to be talking me into watching baseball and he's too busy to do it? You know what Bud? I have a day job too. Thanks for reminding me that watching baseball isn't that important and that I need to have my priorities straight. I'll skip the game too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't much care for Selig, either. I think he and Bettman of the NHL haven't been the best commissioners (especially when compared with Tagliabue). But really, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now: if he celebrates Bonds' big home run, some fans will be mad; if he doesn't celebrate it, other fans will be mad. But he probably made the situation worse by making a goofy statement like that. Baseball IS his day job.

Personally, I'd like to see people overlook the home run chase in favor of more interesting things. Like, you know, teams that win.

Ken said...

http://www.jesuscreed.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/how-to-be-a-notre-dame-fan.jpg