Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night

I read an article Monday that was pretty good. The author quoted C.S. Lewis. “Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home”. Yesterday I enjoyed a pleasant inn. I wasn't in a great mood. I'm tired and things at church had me a little down. The neighbor brought over a slip and slide and the girls played on it. I even went down it a few times. We had a bunch of fun. Earlier Steph took Colleen to the store so it was just me and Laura. We were sitting outside in the shade talking. I've found that I have to ask a lot of questions to keep Laura talking. She may be a little too much like me. But anyways she asked me "Why are you asking so many questions?" I told her that I wanted to know more about her. She replied, "Cool". It was a good night that totally changed my mood. Thanks for the "pleasant inn" God.

No comments: