Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How big a sports fan are you?

Sports Illustrated says that 3 soccer fans bought wheelchairs and handicapped tickets to the Argentina Holland World Cup match. They were ejected from the match when they were spotted jumping up and down. That's awful. Know what's worse? I've thought about doing it for football and basketball games. I mean most of the time those spots go unused. What's the harm?

Tonight I may be the only person I know that will watch the NBA draft or what is televised of it.

Did you know that the NBA will not use leather basketballs next year? They are going to use a synthetic ball next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that wheelchair thing actually happened at a Green Bay Packers game. The guy entered in a wheelchair, and then got all excited at one point and leapt out of the wheelchair. Oops.

As far as the NBA, it is not a first-tier league for me because they have so little regard for their own game. It is intolerable to me that the arenas try to entertain and fire up the crowd DURING the game. Not just during breaks like other leagues. I just don't get it.